No salad without a dressing! Your salad does not have to swim in oil, but serving a salad without a dressing is not quite right either. The body can absorb fat soluble vitamins only when foods containing such vitamins are accompanied by fats.
Always make your own dressing and use healthy fats when making one.
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup Thai style coconut milk
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2-1/2 Tbs tamari
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- pinch of pink Himalaya salt
- Put all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more ginger, vinegar, or chili flakes, if desired. Enjoy with salads, or as a dip with carrot, cucumber and celery sticks.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique