You have to be very quick when you are using apples in raw recipes since sliced apples oxidize very fast. They turn brown faster than you can spell the word "apple." To prevent the from turning brown I use ice-cold water mixed with the juice of 1/2 lemon. I also add fresh lemon juice to my raw apple recipes.
- 2 apples (I used Granny Smiths)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 Tbs green superfoods powder
- 1 1/2 cup coconut water
- juice of 1/ lemon for soaking
- juice of 1/2 lemon for the smoothie
- 1 tsp liquid stevia (or a sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tsp cold pressed flax oil
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Cut apples into wedges and put them into a bowl with ice-cold water and lemon juice. Immerse them for a few minutes.
- Place all the ingredients in a blending jar. Add apples and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into glasses and enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique