Pink Guava Pineapple Coconut Smoothie

When I woke up today and saw the first few snowflakes falling down from a dark grey sky, I felt like packing a suitcase and flying to some tropical destination. 

Winter can be beautiful, but we are not there yet... Since flying to the tropics was out of question, for now at least, I decided to bring the tropics into my kitchen. Blending some delicious exotic fruit seemed like a very good idea, especially because I was able to buy some incredibly fragrant pink guavas the other day. I did not find any fresh pineapple that was ripe enough, so I used frozen one.

Ingredients:

  • flesh of 5 ripe pink guavas
  • 2 cups frozen pineapple, use fresh if you can
  • freshly pressed juice of 2 limes
  • 2 cups very creamy coconut milk (make your own or use the Thai style coconut milk)
  • tiny pinch pink Himalayan salt

Method:

  • Toss all the ingredients into a jar of your blender and whiz until smooth and creamy. I blended my guavas with seeds. I don't mind them in my smoothie, but you may want to remove them blending.
  • Pour the smoothie into glasses and enjoy in good company!  

I hope that this simple smoothie recipe will bring some good vibes and inspiration into your winter day. Play some happy music, blend something yummy, and let the sun shine from inside out.

In radiant health, passionately raw - Dominique

Dominique Allmon©2022