Grapefruit And Avocado Salad

Whenever I prepare a dish I think of my health and  well being. Food on my table must be tasty and appealing, and it has to provide all the nutrients that my body needs to stay healthy. 


For many people October is a special month. Breast cancer awareness campaigns help people reconsider their food choices. Prevention is better than cure, so choose wisely. A large bowl of salad is always a good idea since fresh fruit and vegetable in all colors of the rainbow will provide you with enough nutrients to keep your immune system strong.

 ~ Grapefruit And Avocado Salad ~

Ingredients:
  • 1 head of lettuce 
  • 2 pink grapefruits
  • 2 avocados
  • 1/2 small purple onion, chopped
  • 1 cup microgreens (I used purple shiso and tahoon cress)
  • 2 Tbsp pink peppercorns
  • virgin olive oil 
  • freshly pressed lemon juice
  • Celtic sea salt to taste


Method:
  • Wash and pat dry the lettuce. Using a sharp knife, cut the lettuce head into halves. 
  • Peel and slice the grapefruits. Peel and cut he avocados into wedges. 
  • Arrange lettuce, grapefruit, and avocado in two salad bowls. Add chopped onion and microgreens. 
  • Whisk a simple vinaigrette using olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and any juice from the grapefruit that you can save from the cuttings. I squeezed out the juice the first top and bottom slices of my grapefruits.
  • Pour dressing over the salad. Garnish with pink peppercorns and enjoy in good company! 

Tip: Use organic ingredients whenever you can.

In radiant health, passionately raw - Dominique

Dominique Allmon©2018