Kiwi Salsa with Green Onions and Pomegranate

I love Mexican food and the New Mexican variation of it. I make raw salsa as often as I can lay my hands on all the ingredients needed for in the recipe. It is quite amazing to know that with a little experience you can turn any fruit or vegetable into this exotic condiment. 


Like most of my October recipes I created this one with breast cancer in my mind. Full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other valuable phyto-chemicals this fruity salsa is a healthy addition to a cancer preventing diet.  Research shows that people who eat at least five servings of fruit and vegetables daily are healthier and have lower cancer rate. 

Ingredients: 
  • 4-5 kiwis, peeled and cubed
  • 1 firm avocado, cubed
  • arils from 1/2 pomegranate
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 minced jalapeno chili, seeds removed
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1 Tbsp virgin olive oil
  • pinch Celtic sea salt
  • pinch freshly ground black pepper

Method:
  • Toss all ingredients into a bowl and mix gently. Adjust the taste to your personal liking. If needed, add more lime juice, more salt or more pepper and mix again. 
  • Serve right away and enjoy in good company!

In radiant health, passionately raw - Dominique


Dominique Allmon©2015