Pomelo (Citrus maxima) is a large fruit from the citrus family native to South and Southeast Asia. Like all the other fruits from the citrus family, pomelo comes with countless health benefits. Rich in Vitamin C, bioflavonoids, fiber and potassium, pomelo is a useful home remedy:
- it can help boost the immune system
- it can help improve oral health
- it can help improve digestion
- it can help manage weight
- it can help contain urinary tract infections
- it can help lower the blood pressure
- it can help prevent various cancers
Pomelos contain carnitine pamitoyl-transferase - a fat-burning enzyme - that may help obese people loose weight.
- 1 cup freshly pressed pink pomelo juice
- 1 cup virgin olive oil (use flax or hemp oil if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp pink pepper berries
- 1 tsp pink Himalaya salt
- In a blender whiz all the ingredients into a creamy dressing. Add more juice or purified water if the dressing turns out too thick. Enjoy in good company on tossed winter salads!
Tip: If you cannot find pink pomelo use white pomelo or a pink grapefruit. Pink grapefruit is not as bitter as the white grapefruit, but it is much more bitter than pomelo - pink or white. Your salad dressing will taste a bit different than mine, but you will still be able to enjoy the refreshing citrus taste.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
*Information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to diagnose or cure a disease.