Few days ago I made fantastic purple juice. Our powerful Champion juicer extracted very tasty and healthy juice from my purple fruits and vegetables, but produced a large amount of leftover pulp at the same time. The pulp is rich in vitamins, minerals, phyto-nutrients, and fiber that is normally missing in juices. It would be such a waste to simply throw the leftover pulp away! You can use it to make raw desserts, cookies, energy bars or smoothies. I decided to make a high fiber smoothie.
- 2 cups leftover purple pulp
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 cup green superfoods
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp flax oil
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalaya salt
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Pour out and enjoy in good company!
For maximum antioxidant protection remember to eat purple foods at least 4-5 times a week.
More frugal recipes here
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique