Even the healthiest raw foodies can be caught with their hand in a cookie jar. Snacking is OK for as long as the snacks are healthy and preferably raw.
Sonora - the desert dog
We have a young dog who, like many other dogs, likes to beg. My husband came up with the idea of feeding her with raw banana chips. And she loves them! And so do we.
Ripe organic bananas
For the dog we make the simplest version of banana chips. All you need to do is to peel and slice bananas and then dehydrate them in a dehydrator or in the sun. But if you are making the chips for yourself you can add lemon juice, Celtic sea salt, cinnamon, turmeric, or some other spice. Experiment! It is such a fun.
Banana slices on a dehydrator tray
- 6 ripe bananas (or more depending on the size of your dehydrator)
- juice of two lemons, optional (I leave it out when I dehydrate bananas for our dog.)
Healthy Raw Banana Chips
- Peel the bananas and cut them into 1/4 inch thick slices. Pour the lemon juices over the banana slices.
- Spread banana slices on the dehydrator trays and dehydrate for at least 8 hours at 115 °F.
- Store the dried chips in a cookie jar with a lid. Enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique