This smoothie combines the amazing health benefits of two superfoods - raw cacao and the goji berries. Both superfoods are delicious and very good for you. Raw cacao is rich in antioxidant flavonoids, magnesium and sulfur. Goji berries have a very high content of vitamin C, vitamin E, some B vitamins, calcium and magnesium and, most importantly, are an amazing source of the antioxidants beta carotene and zeaxanthin.
- 1/4 cup dried goji berries
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup nut milk of your choice
- pinch pink Himalaya salt
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp flax seed oil
- 2-3 ice cubes (optional)
- Clean and wash the goji berries. Add 1/4 cup purified or spring water and soak them for about 1 hour. They will turn nice and plump.
- Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Add ice if you like to and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into glasses and decorate with dried goji berries. Indulge in good company!
Tip: To really profit from health benefits of goji berries make sure that you are buying the real product. Not all products that are sold today as goji berries are the real Lycium barbarum berries.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
Also of interest: Improve Your health with Goji Berries
Organic Goji Berries
[ learn more ]
In valleys of Tibet and Mongolia there is a special berry that the locals use and cherish so much that they honor it in special celebrations that last two weeks each year. It is well documented that many people in those areas live free of common diseases and for well over a hundred years. 18 oz. Package
*Information in this article is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose or cure a disease.