This is such a simple and yet, such a powerful healing recipe! All three main ingredients in this recipe will help you detoxify your body, reduce inflammation and even kill off the cancer cells. Combined together they work in synergy to protect your body from free radicals and to improve your overall health.
To enjoy this salad you can make any dressing you want, but I decided to use wasabi in order to protect my immune system. Wasabi or the Japanese horse radish is a powerful anti-viral, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial agent.
If you want to protect yourself from infections and colds during the fall and winter months, you should use generous amounts of wasabi on your raw sushi or add it to salad dressings and dips. But to fully profit from the health benefits of wasabi you have to make sure that you are using the real thing or the Honmono no wasabi 本物のわさび.
If your Japanese grocery store does not carry the real wasabi root use real wasabi paste or the real wasabi powder, but do not opt for the inexpensive green thing that is used by almost all sushi places in the United States or elsewhere throughout the Western world. The green paste, namely, is made of horse radish, Chinese mustard vegetable and green coloring and does not have the healing potential of real wasabi root.
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, washed and cut into quarters
- 1 medium large red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, soaked in water overnight, chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh wasabi root or 1/2 Tbsp real wasabi paste
- 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Celtic salt (you may take less)
- generous amount of freshly ground black pepper
- In a large enough bowl combine Brussels sprouts and red onion. Add salt. Mix well, set aside.
- In a smaller bowl whisk dressing using all the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey and wasabi. Taste the dressing and adjust the amounts of ingredients according to your own taste. You may want to increase the amount of wasabi for a more fiery sensation or if you feel that you are about to catch cold.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well. Add black pepper. Mix again.
- Cover the bowl and put it into the fridge for about ten minutes. Remove from fridge, add chopped walnuts and mix again.
- Serve in individual bowls and enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
Also of interest: How to Prepare Your Immune System for the Winter
*Information in this article is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose or cure a disease.