Raw Thanksgiving

In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices. - Elizabeth Gilbert in "Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia"
I actually wanted to post here a raw food menu for a Thanksgiving dinner, but my job took me all over the map in November and there was very little time to create something new in a short time that was left to me between the trips to Boston, Frankfurt and Hong Kong.


I know that this is a poor excuse for someone who enjoys high life while others have to slave off in an office or so, but I believe that my blog offers enough inspiration already and my readers can choose from the ever growing list of recipes. The most important thing is to enjoy what you are doing. You do not always have to be perfect, but it will help if you are passionate about it.

If you are invited to a traditional family Thanksgiving dinner you may realize that there is very little raw food on the table unless, of course, other family members share you love for the raw lifestyle. I trust you are well prepared and will arrive with your own raw food dish that others can share and enjoy as well. Do not panic if this is not the case. You will not die or age at the spot if you pick a baked sweet potato or some roasted carrots.  Instead, simply be grateful that there is food on the table and that you are allowed to share it with people you love.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving - with Love Light and Laughter - Dominique



Image source here