If you love salads there is nothing better than a bowl of crispy, garden fresh lettuce and fragrant herbs laced with a tasty dressing. A nutritious salad can constitute a meal in its own right. Simply remember to balance textures, colors and aromas.
Make sure you are using organically grown ingredients. And remember to use what's in season. This way you will secure optimal nutritional value.
for the salad
- mixed salad greens: romana, lolo rosso, radicchio, oak leaf, arugula, sorrel, Boston lettuce, etc.
- fresh garden herbs: flat parsley, chives, dill, mint
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 orange
- 1/3 cup virgin flax seed oil
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp raw honey
- pinch Celtic salt
- 1/3 tsp hot chili flakes
- Gently wash and dry salad greens and herbs. Toss them together in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk orange vinaigrette.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix gently. Serve on large plates with flax crackers. Enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique