Papaya Mango Coconut Smoothie

To celebrate my new Hawaii shirt I wanted to create a scrumptious tropical smoothie that would take everyone on an imaginary trip to Hawaii and back. I wanted pineapple to be the main ingredient, but the pineapples I found in my grocery store were not ripe at all. Unfortunately, my mangoes could not wait much longer without going bad. Decision was made very quickly and I bought a large papaya instead. In this recipe I also used one young coconut that produced one full cup of water and a half a cup of coconut flesh.


Ingredients:
  • 3 cups chopped papaya ( use the seeds if you like the peppery taste)
  • 1 cup coconut water
  • 1/2 cup coconut flesh
  • 3 ripe mangoes
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • juice of 2 limes (add more of you prefer)
  • 2-3 ice cubes
  • 2 tsp coconut flakes for garnish


Method: 
  • Blend all ingredients in a blender until well combined. 
  • Pour the smoothie into tall glasses, garnish with coconut flakes and enjoy in good company!


If you like papaya then this is a perfect smoothie for you. You can add some ripe pineapple to make it even tastier.

Tip: I understand that it may be difficult for you to obtain young coconut. Use best coconut water product you can get and desiccated, unsweetened coconut flesh instead. The taste will be slightly different, but I am certain you will enjoy it as well. Also, if you use ripe fruits you do not need to add any sweetener. Simply enjoy the natural sweetness of fruits.

In radiant health, passionately raw - Dominique

Dominique Allmon©2015