A Carrot Juice With a Twist

June! Let's start on the sunny side. I love carrot juice and do not mind drinking it pure, with no additives  of any kind, but I know that there are people who do not like the taste and even find it boring. My husband even told me that if it wasn't for me he would never come up with the idea of juicing carrots all by themselves. A pure carrot juice may sound boring to many people so here is an alternative.


By simply adding a few interesting ingredients you can turn the most inconspicuous juice into a magic potion. Here is one of my absolutely favorite twisted carrot juices. I used organic ingredients and hope you will, too.

Ingredients:
  • 5 carrots
  • 1 red apple (I used a very juicy Braeburn variety)
  • 1 pear 
  • 2 inch chunk fresh turmeric root
  • 2 inch chunk fresh ginger root
  • 1 Tbsp virgin olive oil (use cold pressed flax or hemp oil if you prefer) to aid the absorption of fat soluble nutrients


Method:
  • Wash and clean the ingredients. Remove the peel if necessary. Peel contains high concentration of nutrients, but unless it is organic you may want to discard it. I used organic ingredients and did not have to peel them at all.
  • Chop the ingredients into manageable chunks if your juicer requires it. 
  • Pass all ingredients through a juicer. Add olive oil and mix well.
  • Pour the juice into chilled glasses and enjoy it in good company!

Let food be your medicine! This is my motto when I go shopping. This is my motto when I prepare my food. Research has demonstrated that certain foods contain compounds that have strong healing properties. All ingredients in this juice are not only tasty and good for you, they can also help prevent diseases, curtail the growth and proliferation of the cancer cells, improve digestion, strengthen the immune system and detoxify your body. Add them to your diet as often as you can.

In radiant health, passionately raw - Dominique

Dominique Allmon©2015

*Information in this article is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose or cure a disease.