Today I am sharing with you another green juice recipe. I love not only its taste, but also what it does for my body. I do not need coffee or any other stimulant in the morning. My blood sugar stays balanced thanks to a very low glycemic index, my energy levels seem to go up and stay high.
All the ingredients used come with incredible health benefits:
- Cucumbers - contain compounds that support cardiovascular health, reduce inflammation, and prevent cancer; they are rich in minerals, especially molybdenum, and vitamins, especially vitamin K and B vitamins such as B1, B5 and biotin. Cucumbers keep you hydrated, help you stay cool and remove toxins from the body.
- Tomatillos - are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins E and C, follate, and minerals such as potassium, copper iron, phosphorus and manganese. Tomatillos contain compounds called withanolides that are known for their antibacterial and anti-cancer activity.
- Cilantro - help you control blood sugar and cholesterol levels; helps you fight free radicals, subdue bacterial infections, especially those caused by Salmonella, and detoxify heavy metals, especially lead. Cilantro is rich in vitamin K, A and C, and minerals, especially potassium.
- Lemons - are rich in flavonoids that have been shown to stop the division of cancer cells in many types of cancer. High in vitamin C, lemons have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Lemons help improve digestion, support the liver function and help balance blood sugar and cholesterol.
Depending on mood and availability I love to add a little jalapeno and mint to this juice. You can add some flat-leaved parsley. Give it a try.
Cilantro, cucumbers, tomatillos and lemon
- 1 large English cucumber
- 3 tomatillos
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- 1/2 organic lemon with peel
- Pass all the ingredients through a juicer starting with lemon.
- Add ice cubes if needed and drink right away. Enjoy in good company!
Tip: Use the leftover juice pulp to make a salad dressing, dip or soup. Mix it with sprouted seeds and a few ingredients of your choice to make raw crackers or raw burgers.
In my next post I will share with you my green dip recipe that is made out of this green leftover pulp. You are welcome to come back and have a look.
One last thing. If you are not used to juicing or have serious health issues, do it slowly. Ingredients in this and my other detox recipes work wonders, but the detox process may cause great discomfort that is known as the Herxheimer reaction. The more "toxic" your body the more you may experience flu-like symptoms, skin rush and nausea. Contact a certified natural health practitioner before you begin juicing or any other detox program.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
All detox recipes on this blog are gathered under the label detox. Please click here to find out more.
*Information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to diagnose or cure a disease.