Here comes a recipe that will stir your senses. Healthy, happy people do not normally have problems with their libido, but even the healthiest and happiest people may want to experience the power of natural aphrodisiacs.
The ingredients I used in this smoothie are well known for their libido-enhancing activity:
- almond milk - rich in Vitamin E, zinc and selenium;
- raw cacao - rich in antioxidants, contains compound known as phenylethylamine (PEA) that helps you increase the production of endorphins. It stimulates the sense of arousal and well being;
- strawberries - strawberries are great source of Vitamin C and other antioxidants that help improve blood flow
- maca - is a well known aphrodisiac used for ages in the Andes to increase strength, stamina, energy, fertility and libido;
- bananas - rich in B Vitamins, potassium and tryptophan, help you relax, balance sex hormones and increase sense of well being;
- cardamom - In many cultures it is considered to be a powerful aphrodisiac;
- cinnamon - increases blood circulation;
- vanilla - this sensual spice helps reduce stress and anxiety;
- hot peppers - increase blood flow in the body and the release of endorphins;
- raw honey - since antiquity honey was associated with love and sexuality. It was mentioned in the Bible and in the Kamasutra. To this day a bridegroom in India is offered honey to increase energy and stamina.
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups freshly made almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 small red hot pepper (seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maca powder
- 4 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until velvety smooth. Adjust the taste into your personal liking. Add more honey if you prefer you smoothie to be really sweet. Sweet foods are considered comfort foods for a reason.
- Pour smoothie into chilled glasses and enjoy in good company!