Grapes definitely are in season! Why not take an advantage of the abundance and make something nice? I found wonderful organic grapes in the farmers' market, but they were not seedless. Removing the seeds was a rather tedious affair and I did not remove all of them. The seeds I was able to remove without destroying the grapes were used in a "beauty" project. I crushed them into a coarse meal and mixed the meal with honey. I used this sweet, thick paste as a body peeling. A bit decadent, you may say, but definitely enjoyable and chemicals free.
- 1 1/2 cup white grapes
- 1 1/2 cup red grapes
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1 large orange
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla or a few drops of organic vanilla essence
- zest of 1 organic lemon
- In a large bowl mix all the juices. Add honey and spices. Mix well.
- Wash and dry the grapes. Slice each grape into quarters. Throw sliced grapes into a bowl with citrus juice and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge. Allow to chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge. Add lemon zest and gently mix the grape salad. Serve and enjoy in good company!
Chilled Grapes in Citrus Juice
Tip: Try a variation of this delicious fruit salad: use freshly pressed grape juice instead of orange juice and add a tea spoon of orange blossom water. Unforgettable!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique