Mixing fruit and vegetable in juices is a widely accepted practice, but fruit and vegetable smoothies are not as common. The truth is that not all the fruit and vegetable combinations are appealing and you have to use your imagination and experiment a bit to get them taste right. Also, if you are using a regular blender you mint not be able to achieve a really smooth consistency of your smoothie. A high power blenders like Vitamix, or the powerful personal blenders like Nutri Bullet can really do the job for you without breaking dawn.
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 ripe pears, cored (peeling optional)
- 1/2 tsp food grade lavender blossoms, crushed
- 1 cup nut milk (I used freshly made almond milk)
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (use lavender blossom honey if you can)
- pinch pink Himalaya salt
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in a blender jar and process until smooth. Add more honey if needed.
- Pour smoothie into glasses and enjoy in good company!
Tip: If your blender is not powerful enough you may want to juice the carrots first. Blend the freshly-made carrot juice with other ingredients. Add the carrot pulp and blend until smooth. And! Remember to buy organic produce whenever you can.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique