Our skin is a mirror of what is going on inside our bodies. Every skin condition reflects our needs - emotional and nutritional.
I make a green smoothie few times a week. The recipe varies, but I always make sure that it delivers maximum nutrition. Leafy greens end up in a blender together with avocado, coconut water and a mixture of green superfoods.
- flesh of 1 ripe avocado
- 2 kale leaves
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup sprouted lentils
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple (optional)
- 1/2 cup hemp protein
- 2 Tbsp raw honey (use 2-3 soaked dates if you do not eat honey)
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 Tbsp argan oil
- 1/4 cup broken cell chlorella powder
- 1/4 cup barley grass powder
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups coconut water (add more if needed)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp hydrated bentonite clay per person
- Blend all the ingredients, except the bentonite clay, in a high speed blender. Make sure your smoothie has a nice and creamy consistency.
- Pour smoothie into glasses. Add 1 Tbsp hydrated bentonite clay to each glass. Mix well using a non-metallic utensil. Enjoy in good company!
A word about bentonite clay: Bentonite clay is considered to be one of the most powerful and effective healing clays. When hydrated it produces negative electric charge that gives it the ability to absorb positively charged toxins, heavy metals and impurities of all kinds. Bentonite also removes excess hydrogen from the cells and replaces it with oxygen. It has alkalizing effect on the body and may be useful in balancing gut bacteria. Bentonite is rich in minerals, especially silica, magnesium, calcium, sodium, iron and potassium.
In order to be effective, bentonite clay has to be hydrated. To activate it mix 1/2 cup bentonite clay with 4 cups of purified water. Do mot use any metal utensils because metal makes it less effective.
Use a plastic or ceramic funnel to fill bentonite into a glass bottle. Add water and shake well until clay is dissolved properly. Drink 1-2 ounces daily. Remember to shake the bottle before each use.
Store the hydrated water away from sun. You can refrigerate it if you want to.