If you follow this blog you might still remember my orange compote recipe. I used cardamom infused water to marinade the oranges. The scent of cardamom was so intense that I decided to add the still moist pods into my freshly made cashew nut milk. I kept the jar in the fridge for more than ten hours and made an incredibly delicious smoothie the next morning. I used very ripe bananas and did not have to add any sweetener.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups raw nut milk of your choice
- 1 Tbsp cardamom pods (use more if you like cardamom)
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Using mortar and pestle crash the cardamom pods just a bit. Do not turn them into a power.
- Put crashed cardamom pods into a medium large mason jar. Pour raw nut milk and cover the jar with a lid. Place the jar in the fridge and allow it to soak up the cardamom essence overnight.
- Peel the bananas. If necessary chop them into manageable chunks.
- Pour the cardamom infused nut milk into a blender. And bananas, slat and ice cubes and whiz on a high speed until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique