This is a quickie! You can make this salad any time in no time. You can make it with or without mint. I used raw honey for additional health benefits, but you can use any sweetener of you choice.
- 2 sweet oranges
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 tangerines
- arils of 1 pomegranate
- freshly pressed juice of 1/2 lemon
- freshly pressed juice of 1 lime
- freshly pressed juice of 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- pinch Celtic salt to add valuable minerals and enhance the taste of citrus
- Peel the oranges and cut them into slices. Do not remove all the white pith that stays after removing the skin. The white "thing" has amazing health benefits. Among others, it is rich in vitamin C and the bioflavonoid quercetin.
- Arrange orange slices on a platter alternating between sweet and blood orange.
- Spread all the pomegranate arils on top of the orange slices.
- In a small bowl whisk a dressing using all the citrus juice, honey, salt and ground cloves.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and enjoy in good company!
Take Two - Citrus Fruit Salad with Fresh Mint and Pomegranate
Tip: You can produce a completely different gustatory sensation if you skip the ground cloves and add fresh peppermint leaves instead.
And last, but not least. You can make a wonderful smoothie using the same ingredients. Add freshly squeezed orange or pomegranate juice, or use chilled coconut water if you prefer. Add a banana, some cinnamon or chia seeds and whiz in a high speed blender!
Delicious Citrus Fruit and Pomegranate Smoothie
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique