One of the nicest ways to indulge in raw food is to toss together crispy lettuces in a large bowl. Add fruits and nuts. Dress with a simple dressing, and voilà! A whole, nutritious meal is ready in no time.
Here is the list of ingredients I used:
For the salad
- young Romana lettuce
- iceberg lettuce
- baby kale
- overland cress
- 2 spring onions
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 chopped raw walnuts (soaked in water overnight)
- 1/2 snow pear, sliced into thin slices
For the dressing
- 1/3 virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (I used a very robust pomegranate blossom honey)
- 1/3 tsp crushed hot pepper
- 1/3 tsp pink Himalaya salt
- Clean and wash the lettuces. Arrange on individual platters or toss into a large salad bowl.
- Chiffonade or chop the mint leaves. Cut spring onions into thin slices. Sprinkle both ingredients over the salad.
- In a small bowl whisk the dressing and pour it over the salad.
- Garnish with snow pear slices and walnuts. Ready!
As always, enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique Allmon