This is such a wonderfully simple recipe! My mother used to make a similar one as soon as she harvested her first spring onions, radishes and cucumbers of the season. I modified it over the years by adding bell peppers, garlic, cilantro and Indian spices. Back then you could buy raw milk cottage cheese everywhere. Today you will probably have to make your own.
Spring salad in the making
- 1 cup raw milk cottage cheese
- 6 radishes
- 1/2 English cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions
- few sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp ground Indian curry spice
- pinch hot chili
- pinch Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw milk probiotic yogurt - optional, for a creamier texture
Ready! On a sprouted raw Essene bread
- Chop radishes, cucumber, and bell pepper into small cubes and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add minced garlic.
- Chop cilantro and spring onions. Mix with the vegetables.
- Add cottage cheese and carefully mix with everything in the bowl.
- Add olive oil and spices. Mix again. Adjust the amount of spices to your personal liking. If your salad appears to be too dry, add a little raw milk yogurt.
- Serve alone in small salad bowls or on thick slices of sprouted Essene bread. Enjoy in good company!
If you are a vegan you will have to skip the cottage cheese and yogurt. The salad is tasty all by itself.
P.S. Some time later I will share with you the recipe for sprouted Essene bread and a few raw milk cheese recipes.