Here is another wonderful summer recipe. Light, cooling and refreshing at the same time. Feta cheese gives this salad a very particular taste, but if you are vegan simply remove this item from the ingredients list. Some people remove the seeds from the water melon. I don't. They add an extra crunch to the salad and are a wonderful source of amino acids (especially L-Arginine), minerals and B vitamins.
- watermelon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves, thinly cut
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried, hot pepper flakes
- pink Himalaya salt to taste
- In a large bowl mix water melon with mint leaves. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk dressing mixing lime juice with olive oil and hot pepper. Add salt to taste.
- Pour dressing over the melon and stir gently.
- Add feta cheese crumbs. Mix and chill in a fridge for about 10 minutes.
Enjoy in good company!
Passionately raw - Dominique