By Young and Raw
I’m going to share with you one of the top reasons why you may be experiencing energy crashes through out your day even after juicing fresh vegetables and eating a raw vegan diet. It’s not at all what you’d expect, in fact you’ll find this reason is actually quite counter intuitive and has absolutely nothing to do with what you eat or drink.
Since we’re always talking about the benefits of a plant based, high raw lifestyle I thought it would be valuable to discuss something that has happened at least once to everyone in their lifetime. You may even be dealing with this problem on a regular basis. Energy crashes are frustrating, and they seem to happen at the most inconvenient time, almost out of the blue. One minute you’re feeling energetic and happy, the next minute, your whole body is "bend" over and you just want to go to sleep. It’s that feeling when you get up in the morning with energy and think to yourself “Oh goody, I have energy today, I wonder how long it will last” and before you know it, it’s gone.
If you’ve transitioned to a raw vegan diet, you’ve likely seen the end of these days where energy crashes dominated your life, but if you’re still experiencing them from time to time, there’s a surprising reason why it still may be happening. Let’s get to the bottom of this together:
In the event that you’ve read my personal story, you already know that I suffered from severe chronic fatigue for nearly a year before learning that I was inflicting this upon myself by my food choices. You also know that I reversed this by choosing to adopt a high raw, vegan lifestyle and eat a lot of fresh foods. Even still, energy crashes aren’t always caused by our diets, sometimes they are caused by our emotions, our passion, or in this case our lack thereof.
Thing to watch when you "crash"
1. What are you thinking in the moment that you crash? Is it something that lights you up inside, or something that turns you off. Be mindful of how your thoughts effect your physical body and practice exchanging thoughts that leave you feeling tired or empty with ones that make you feel excited, and full of life. The instant a negative thought creeps up on you, imagine it floating right out of the top of your head, and accept a new thought back in that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy!
2. Do your crashes tend to happen at the same time each day? What exactly is it that you’re doing at this time when you lose your spark. I find for myself, when I even think of doing something that doesn’t inspire me, my energy sinks to the floor and I start to feel tired. This is mental and emotional, nothing to do with diet. Make sure you’re getting enough calories, an array of nutrients and drinking enough water too!
3. Are you following your purpose? Going raw vegan definitely has a way of evoking a certain aspect of yourself that you may not have seen before. This includes an emotional cleansing, a discovery of new passions, desires and dreams. You see, when our bodies are clean, our minds are clean and this makes room for us to get to know ourselves on a deeper level. The breakdown happens when we expect food to change our life, rather than acknowledging that we have to take the action steps to make the change for ourselves. Food can act as a catalyst for you to find your purpose, but only you can go out and make things happen.
When we’re passionate and inspired, we tap into our own inner fire. An energy source that is ignited by following our purpose in life. Sometimes, energy crashes are a sign that you’re ready for the next phase, to take on a new dream or goal or to step deeper into your true self. If you’re secretly wishing you were somewhere else when you’re at work, if you’re not satisfied in your relationships, or with your own level of commitment to following your own dreams, explore this and you may just find your energy crashes disappear.
Over the course of your journey with food, start considering how your thoughts, feelings and actions impact your health in partnership with what you eat. Food can only heal us, if our thoughts and emotions are also in alignment.
Quick tips for reversing energy crash
1. Exchange your negative thoughts for positive ones.
2. Notice your environment when you have a crash and ask yourself if you’re really doing what lights you up inside. If not, start thinking of solutions that will create more inspiration in your life.
3. Participate in more activities that align with your passions. if you don’t know what you’re passionate about yet, start trying new things, meet new people, and pay more attention to how you feel in certain situations. If you feel happy, excited, joyful, and full or energy, these are all signs that you are doing something you are passionate about, if you’re feeling the opposite, it’s time to make a shift in a new direction.
Article courtesy of Young and Raw