If you like turmeric, you will love this delicious salad dressing. Use it often, use it generously! Studies show that all the ingredients used in this recipe are good for you. The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric, in particular, cannot be underestimated. Use it as often as you can.
I love to use fresh turmeric root in my raw food recipes. If you cannot get the fresh root, you can use powdered turmeric spice. Start with a pinch and taste your dressing. Add a little more and taste again. Turmeric can be incredibly overpowering. Unless you really like the spice proceed with caution or you would ruin the dressing.
- 2 inch long fresh turmeric root, peeled
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped, seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small hot chili pepper (about 1 tsp when chopped, use more if you prefer)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/3 tsp pink Himalaya salt
- Whiz all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Adjust the taste your personal liking.
- Pour dressing generously over mixed robust greens or use it as a deep for raw veggies. Enjoy in good company!