OK! OK! I agree! This delicious smoothie bowl is great not only for breakfast. It is so delicious that you will also want it for lunch, dinner and in between. The ingredients are exotic, but rather easy to obtain throughout the year. One pineapple serves two.
- 1 pineapple
- 3 bananas
- 1 mango
- 1 kiwi
- 1 cup Thai style coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- freshly pressed juice of 2 limes
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup powdered lucuma
- 1 tsp baobab powder
- 1/4 cup raw coconut flakes (non-sweetened)
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Wash and pat dry the pineapple. Using a sharp knife cut the pineapple into half. Leave the crown on if you want your smoothie bowl to look pretty.
- With the help of a sharp pairing knife and a spoon scoop out the flesh out of each pineapple half. Make sure that the skin remains undamaged.
- Toss pineapple flesh, two bananas, 1/2 mango into the blender. Add coconut milk, coconut water, lime juice and ice. Blend until smooth. Add lucuma, baobab powder and pinch of salt. Blend again. Your smoothie should have a slightly thicker consistency than regular smoothie. It it is too liquid add another banana or a little more lucuma powder.
- Fill each half of a pineapple with the smoothie. Decorate each half with sliced banana, mango and kiwi. Add coconut flakes. Ready!
- Serve right away and enjoy in good company!
Tip: As you see I did not use any sweetener in this recipe. Ripe pineapple is very sweet and there is no need for extra sugar. I added lucuma powder to help balance blood sugar and prevent the insulin spikes. If your smoothie isn't sweet enough, add some liquid stevia. Also, if you are using frozen pineapple, skip the ice cubes.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
Apparel for pineapple lovers!
Also of interest