If you have visited this page before, you might have noticed that I love simplicity. Pure, fresh, seasonal, locally grown organic ingredients often make the most sophisticated meal. And since radishes are abundant at this time of the year, I am schlepping home bunches of them from the farmers' market.
- 15 pink radishes
- 3-4 large white radishes or 1 medium large daikon radish
- handful of purple radish microgreens
- juice if 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium large bowl whisk a dressing using lime juice, olive oil and salt. Set aside.
- Wash and pat dry the radishes, cut off the green tops. Using vegetable peeler peel off the thick skin from the white radishes.
- With the help of a sharp knife or a mandolin, slice all the radishes into very thin slices.
- Toss white radish slices into a bowl with the dressing and mix gently making sure that all slices are well covered with the dressing. Arrange the slices on a platter covered with radish greens or lettuce. Repeat this step with pink radish slices. Garnish with microgreens.
- Serve right away with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper and enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique