There is nothing like a taste of ripe, freshly harvested, organic strawberries at the beginning of spring. And there is nothing wrong with serving them whole, but like many fruits and berries, strawberries are quite versatile and can be used in many recipes - sweet and savory alike. So, why not play a little bit?
With a thought of a coming Easter Holidays I created this recipe specially for the Easter Sunday brunch. It is rather easy and it should not take you more than 30 - 35 minutes to execute it.
- 4 cups raw coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 cups chopped ripe strawberries
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- tiny pinch of pink Himalaya salt
- 1/2 lb strawberries, washed and cut in half
- food processor or a blender
- patisserie decorating bag
- Place coconut flakes in a bowl of a food processor and blend until a creamy butter is formed. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped strawberries and process until strawberries blended with the coconut butter. Add lime juice, vanilla extract and salt, and blend again until all ingredients are well combined into creamy, smooth butter.
- Transfer the strawberry butter into a patisserie decorating bag. Gently squeeze the bag to decorate strawberry halves with the butter.
- Arrange decorated, deviled strawberries on a platter and serve as dessert or an appetizer. Enjoy in good company!
I did not use any sweetener because my strawberries were ripe and very sweet. You may want to add a few drops of liquid stevia to keep this recipe sugar-free. Stevia helps prevent blood sugar from spiking.