I love strawberries! They are so versatile. I use them in my sweet and savory dishes. I prefer them freshly harvested, but do not mind using frozen ones in some recipes when fresh strawberries are not in season. For this recipe, however, I used freshly picked, very ripe organic ones.
- 1 1/2 cup chopped ripe strawberries
- 1 tsp chopped habanero pepper (very hot!)
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalaya salt
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Adjust the taste if necessary and serve with salad made of leafy greens, wild herbs and root vegetable. Enjoy in good company!
Tip: This is a basic strawberry vinaigrette recipe. The taste depends very much on the quality of your strawberries and the type of vinegar you are going to use. I used aged balsamic vinegar which has a rather sweet taste and low acidity. You may want to use raw apple cider vinegar in this recipe, in fact, I sometimes do, but since apple cider vinegar is a bit more acidic than aged balsamic vinegar, you will have to use a bit less. I suggest that you add vinegar gradually as you blend your dressing and taste it before you add some more. You may want to add some raw honey if you like your dressing to be a bit sweeter. You can add a garlic clove, a teaspoon of mustard or some fresh tarragon. Each ingredient will change the taste of this wonderfully fruity dressing, but each version will be just as tasty. Experiment. It's fun!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique