As many of you probably know, gazpacho is a cold, refreshing raw vegetable soup that has its origins in the Spanish region of Andalusia. The soup is usually made of tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, garlic, onion, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and bread.
for the soup
- 2 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 tsp chopped habanero pepper or any other hot pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh tarragon
- 3 Tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sweet almond seed oil
- 1 Tbsp aged balsamic vinegar (use apple cider or strawberry vinegar if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalaya salt
for the garnish
- 1 Tbsp chopped strawberries
- 1/2 tsp chopped red bell peppers
- 1/2 tsp chopped cucumber
- sprigs of fresh tarragon
- Place all the solid ingredients in a bowl, add balsamic vinegar and mix well. Cover the bowl with a lid and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge and transfer the content into a bowl of a food processor or a blender and process until smooth.
- Add all the remaining liquid ingredients and whiz again. Add salt and pepper. Mix well. Adjust the taste to your personal liking.
- Pour the soup into individual bowls, garnish with chopped strawberries, bell peppers and cucumber. Serve right away and enjoy it in good company!
I hope that this healthy and very tasty soup will make you dance straight into May...
Tip: To shorten the preparation time you may want to add 2-3 ice cubes to step 1 and serve the soup in nicely chilled soup bowls. And one more thing, use organic ingredients whenever you can, especially the strawberries.
You may also want to try my Gazpacho Andaluz recipe. Recipe link here.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique