If you are at home in the northern hemisphere, winter might be taking toll on your body. Generally, it is assumed that people who consume plenty of raw fruit and vegetable are healthier than those who do not. This is probably true, but even the healthiest people my have a small bout with the cold virus.
The best way to stay healthy is to prevent infection, but once you get infected, the next best thing is to fight it back naturally, with powerful foods, herbs and spices.
The main ingredients in this recipe are well known and researched for their anti-viral properties. They are powerful antioxidants with the ability to boost the immune system. To strengthen your immune response you should use them as often as you can.
- Elderberry - is known for its natural antiviral properties and its activity against many known strains of the influenza virus;
- Ginger - contains strong anti-microbial compounds, helps eliminate congestion and kills the cold virus;
- Honey - has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- 1/2 cup elderberry syrup
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 tsp propolis (or 2 tsp propolis dissolved in honey)
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (to balance blood sugar)
- 1/2 tsp bee pollen for garnish
- Blend all ingredients until velvety smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses. Garnish with bee pollen and enjoy in good company!
Hawaiian white kiawe honey, German honey with propolis,
home-made elderberry syrup, bee pollen and ginger
Honey is absolutely miraculous, but as you may already know, bees produce more than "just" honey. Bee pollen, propolis, and royal jelly have been used since ages for their unique healing properties. This fact initiated a few products that you can now find on the market: honey with royal jelly, honey with propolis, honey with royal jelly and bee pollen, or the "royal flush" Bee Panacea. These products are rather expensive, but they are worth every penny. Since they are very powerful superfoods, you only consume a small dosage at a time. Give it a try.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
*Information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to diagnose or cure a disease.