I love Mexican food and the New Mexican variation of it. I make raw salsa as often as I can lay my hands on all the ingredients needed for in the recipe. It is quite amazing to know that with a little experience you can turn any fruit or vegetable into this exotic condiment.
Like most of my October recipes I created this one with breast cancer in my mind. Full of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other valuable phyto-chemicals this fruity salsa is a healthy addition to a cancer preventing diet. Research shows that people who eat at least five servings of fruit and vegetables daily are healthier and have lower cancer rate.
- 4-5 kiwis, peeled and cubed
- 1 firm avocado, cubed
- arils from 1/2 pomegranate
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 minced jalapeno chili
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp virgin olive oil
- pinch pink Himalaya salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Toss all ingredients into a bowl and mix gently. Adjust the taste to your personal liking. If needed, add more lime juice, more salt or more pepper and mix again.
- Serve right away and enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique