Like many other popular salad dressings, poppy seed dressing is a classic. You can buy it in almost every supermarket, but why would you if you can make your own, healthier, cleaner version.
Vegan Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked in purified water overnight
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds, soaked in purified water for about 30 minutes
- 1 cup virgin olive oil (I used a very strong frantoio olive oil from Tuscany)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt (add more if needed)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl of your blender and process on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add purified water or more lemon juice if the dressing turns out too thick. Whiz again.
- Adjust the taste to your personal liking and serve with your favorite greens. Enjoy in good company!
The dressing stores well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Make small batches and use quickly.
~ Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing ~
- bowl of spinach, washed and drained
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup raw pecan nuts (optional)
- generous amount of poppy seed dressing
- Toss all ingredients together. Add the dressing and enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique