For many people juicing becomes very expensive when they simply throw away the leftover juice pulp. There are many ways reuse the fiber-rich juice pulp and save money at the same time.
In this recipe I am using the juice pulp from my Green "Good Morning" Detox Juice. To make this juice I used cucumbers, tomatillos, cilantro and lemon. The juice was fantastic and the leftover pulp still quite moist. If your juicer extracted all the moisture you may have to add another cucumber or tomatillo to this recipe.
- 1 cup green juice pulp (cucumbers, tomatillos, cilantro, lemon)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil, add more if necessary
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl of a food processor and pulse until all ingredients are well combined. Give it another whiz to make creamy. Adjust the taste if needed.
- Serve as a dip or sauce and enjoy in good company!
All money saving recipes are gathered under the label "frugal recipes."
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
Also of interest: How to Save Money with Juicing