This is a very special recipe for me. I eat this salad quite often to prevent cancer. Although there is no history of cancer in my family I have been using food for a very long time to prevent cancer and other degenerative diseases. Some foods are more effective than others and should be eaten more often.
This simple recipe combines health benefits of broccoli with the health benefits of purple foods.
Broccoli will help you detoxify your body. It contains three glucosinolate phytonutrients - glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiin, and glucobrassicin. These three nutrients work in synergy to support all steps of the body's own detoxification process that includes activation, neutralization and elimination of toxins. Research shows that broccoli has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It can also help prevent certain cancers. It is rich in vitamins K, C and folate; minerals such as chromium, phosphorus, potassium and manganese; and fiber.
Purple foods may help you lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease and Type 2 diabetes. They contain anthocyanins that may help prevent urinary tract infections. They also act against the ulcers-causing bacteria and may help you lower your risk of colon cancer.
for the crunch
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup purple grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup purple onion, chopped
for the dressing
- entire broccoli stem, peeled and chopped (I got about 1/3 cup from mine)
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water for at least 3 hours
- 1/4 cup virgin olive oil (use cold pressed flax oil if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup freshly pressed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalaya salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl mix broccoli florets with grapes and chopped onion.
- Using a blender whiz a creamy dressing using all the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the broccoli and mix well. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Allow the flavors to mingle.
- Take the bowl out of the fridge. Give the salad another stir and serve. Enjoy in good company!
I hope you are going to make this salad quite often. The health benefits of all these ingredients cannot be underestimated, especially if there is a history of disease in your family. Eat to prevent cancer. Eat to reverse premature aging. Eat to stay fit and healthy until a very old age.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
*Information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to diagnose or cure a disease.