Let's start the New Year with something healthy and delicious. As most of my readers know by now, I believe in spontaneous creation. I had a quick look into my pantry this morning and came up with a very healthy and delicious orange and raw cacao smoothie recipe.
I used wholesome ingredients that help you
- improve mood and stamina
- increase your energy levels
- give support to your immune system.
If you are a vegan and do not eat honey you may replace it with a sweetener of your choice. You will, however, deprive your body of the incredible health benefits that no other sweetener can provide.
I used raw, organic maca root powder. Maca is a root vegetable from the radish family. It grows in the mountains of Peru and is known as the Peruvian ginseng. The root is rich in amino acids; vitamins B, C and E; and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus. Maca is used to improve stamina and increase energy levels. It helps improve mood, balance hormone levels and increase libido. Maca may help increase the red blood cells count and reverse anemia.
- 1 1/2 cup freshly made nut milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 organic orange
- 1 Tbsp orange zest (make sure you are using zest from untreated, organic oranges)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder (add more if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup maca powder
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch pink Himalaya salt
- Process all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth. If your blender is not very powerful you may want to press the orange juice first and use it in the the smoothie instead of the whole orange.
- Pour the smoothie into tall glasses and enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
*Information in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to diagnose or cure a disease.