Fresh, ripe strawberries in October! I could not resist and I bought a lot.
As you may know, strawberries are extremely perishable. I ate some just like that and decided to juice the rest before they go bad.
My juice will give you a healthy glow in the middle of October. The extra dose of vitamin C from strawberries will help you to resist cold and flu during the cold season. I added apricot kernel oil to help the body absorb the fat-soluble vitamins. The aroma is divine!
- 10 large carrots
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp apricot kernel oil (use flax or hemp if you prefer)
- Pass carrots and strawberries through a juicer.
- Pour the juice into glasses.
- Add 1 tsp apricot kernel oil to each glass and stir well. Indulge in good company!
Tip: You do not need to peel the carrots if you are using organic ones. Simply wash them carefully to remove any residual dirt. Also, use the leftover pulp to make raw crackers or cookies.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique