This is such a simple and delicious end of summer recipe. Pears are ripe, blackberries abundant. As the days are getting shorter and the nights colder, I added raw honey and ginger to support my immune system. If you are a vegan you may want to choose a different sweetener, but keep in mind that no sweetener can ever match the healing properties of raw honey.
Foraged wild blackberries
- 3 ripe pears, cored (I used very juicy Williams pears)
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup almond milk (freshly made if possible)
- 1 inch ginger root
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 2-3 ice cubes (skip if you are using frozen berries)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve it tall glasses and enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique