This is a smoothie that I am making quite often. It combines The green goodness of kale with the antioxidant power of raw cacao. I am always adding raw honey to it to strengthen my immune system. You can use other sweeteners if you prefer, but I believe that no other sweetener comes with as many benefits as honey. And raw honey is really raw! I am using coconut water, but you may want to use raw nut milk for a bit creamier consistency.
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 3 kale leaves, hard stems removed
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Put all ingredients into a blender and process until smooth. Adjust the taste if necessary.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and enjoy in good company!
Tip: Don't be put off by the brownish-greenish color of this smoothie. It really tastes great!
And if you are still struggling with the idea of adding kale to your menu, consider this: Kale is rich in:
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds
- Cancer-preventing nutrients called glucosinolates
- Vitamin K and A and other vital nutrients
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique