It Does Not Always Have To Be A Carrot Juice

I make juices as often as I can. If you visit my blog on regular bases you may have noticed that I do not often mix fruits with vegetable in my juicing recipes, but when I make a vegetable juice I almost always add carrots. 

This is my personal preference, but it does not always have to be a carrot. You can make wonderful juices without carrots. I leave the creative process all up to you, but if you need an inspiration here is one of my favorite carrot-less juice recipes. 


Ingredients:
  • 2 bunches of celery
  • 6 red bell peppers
  • 6 large, ripe tomatoes (I used heirloom red and purple ones)
  • 1 hot pepper, seeds removed (dare to use habanero pepper) 
  • 1 tsp virgin olive or flax oil ( necessary for the absorption of vitamin A and beta carotene)

Method:
  • Chop all the ingredients if your juicer requires it. 
  • Juice all the ingredients one by one starting with celery. Add olive oil and mix well.
  • Pour juice into glassed and enjoy in good company!


Tip: To make this juice I used certified bio-dynamically grown organic celery. Celery is one of the leading vegetable on the "dirty dozen" list. Do not ever buy conventionally grown celery. The pesticide contamination of the conventionally grown celery is appalling! It really is a wonder that such produce is even considered safe for human consumption. Do yourself a favor, buy organic vegetable whenever you can. Also, do not discard the leftover vegetable pulp. You can use it to make a soup (cooked or raw), to make savory crackers (baked or raw) or to make a salad dressing or a dip. Check out some of my frugal recipes for more inspiration. 

One last thing. Did you know that you can actually regrow your celery? If you cut off the bottoms and place them in clean water they will sprout and grow again. Give it a try. You can harvest the young shoots and use them to spice your salads, or you wait a little longer and see them grow tall.

 Regrowing celery

In radiant health, passionately raw - Dominique

Dominique Allmon©2014