Nothing like a chilled, raw, cooling summer soup on a very hot day! A sweet smoothie might do as well, but if you are looking for something refreshing and nutritious at the same time, a cold soup is probably right for you. I make this soup slightly spicy and add chimichurri to it. The taste is sensationally refreshing. Give it a try!
- 2 large English cucumbers, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- flesh of 2 avocados
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed
- juice of 1 lemon, chilled
- 1 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2-3 Tbsp chimichurri, for garnish
- Place all ingredients except the chimichurri in a blender and process on high speed until nicely blended.
- Pour the soup into individual soup bowls. Garnish the soup with chimichurri making a swirl with a table spoon. Serve and enjoy in good company!
Tip: I love to chill my soup bowls or cups in the fridge. In this way I can eat the soup right away and do not have to refrigerate it before serving. If you are having a garden party you can serve this soup in small glasses. Just keep things cool.
A party version
To learn how to make Chimichurri please, click here
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
Follow my blog with Bloglovin