This is a recipe that will allow you to indulge without guilt! In fact, you will be able to nourish your body and protect it from premature aging and degenerative disease.
Like many other recipes on this blog, this is a frugal recipe. It will help you to save money since one of the main ingredients is the almond pulp that remains after you made raw almond milk.
I called these sweets Nirvana Truffles. To find out why, you will have to make them and taste them yourself.
- 2 cups Medjool dates, soaked in water overnight
- 1 cup dried sour cherries, soaked in water overnight
- 2 cups leftover almond pulp (add more if needed)
- 1 tsp pink Himalaya salt
- 2 Tbsp powdered chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp powdered supergreens
- 2 Tbsp açai powder
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp powdered cloves
- about 1/2 raw coconut flakes for garnish
- Using a food processor mix all the ingredients into a firm dough. Allow the dough to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it between your palms to form truffles.
- Place coconut flakes in a bowl and roll each truffle making sure that it is well coated with coconut. Set each truffle on a platter.
- Place the platter in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy without guilt!
Remember, your truffles can only be as good as the ingredients you are using.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
More frugal recipes here