This is a very tasty salad, but you may not be able to make it in a hurry as it takes a little practice to supreme an orange. Once you have learned the technique you will be able to make it on the run. Almost.
for the salad
- 2 medium large beets
- 2 oranges (navel oranges are perfect)
- 2 cups organic baby greens
- 1/2 cup micro greens
- juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/3 virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (optional)
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- generous amount of freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and peel the beets. Cut in half. Cut each half into 1/8 wedges.
- Wash, peel and supreme the oranges. To supreme the oranges you will have to use a very sharp paring or filleting knife. Cut off about 1/2 inch on both ends of each orange. Cut away the peel and the pith from the fruits. To make the orange fillets (supremes) insert your knife into each segment of an orange as close to the dividing membrane as possible and cut straight to the middle moving your knife parallel to the membrane. Do it on both sides of each segment. Gently remove each orange fillet and place it on a plate.
- Wash the greens.
- In a small bowl whisk a dressing using all the ingredients. You may add a teaspoon of raw honey if you wish to.
- Arrange beet wedges and orange fillets on a platter. Place baby greens in the center.
- Pour the dressing and garnish with micro greens. Enjoy in good company!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique