Here comes anther recipe that will help you prepare your immune system for the winter. Both, strawberries and chili peppers, are excellent sources of vitamin C. I added some raw honey for additional support of the immune system. This smoothie would not be complete without a pinch of pink Himalaya salt and the delicious and very nutritious chufa powder.
Chufas or tiger nuts are pea-sized tubers that are cultivated in Spain and parts of North Africa. Chufas contain several essential amino acids including the immune system supporting lysine. They are also rich in minerals and fiber. They are traditionally used to help digestion and may be helpful in preventing the colon cancer.
- 2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup chufa flour (powdered tiger nuts)
- 1 small hot chili pepper, chopped, seeds removed
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tsp raw honey
- pinch pink Himalaya salt
- In a blender process frozen strawberries with coconut water. Add salt and honey and blend again.
- Add chili pepper and blend again for a few seconds.
- Add powdered tiger nuts and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses and enjoy in good company!
P.S. If you cannot lay your hands on chufa flour you can use lucuma powder or a ripe banana instead of it.
In radiant health - passionately raw! - Dominique
Also of interest: How to Prepare Your Immune System for the Winter
*Information in this article is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose or cure a disease.