This is another October recipe that is not only tasty but also full of healing potential. It is quick and very easy. I used purple carrots, but a simple organic orange carrot will do, too. In fact I make this salad quite often and I use regular carrots most of the time since the purple carrots are not so easy to come by.
Carrots are quite amazing. Not many people know that carrots can help the body deal with excess estrogen and protect against the estrogen dependent cancers.
Carrots are rich in fiber that keeps the digestive tract healthy and helps reduce the absorption of endotoxins. Endotoxins are toxins that are produced by the bacteria for its own protection. They are released by bacteria after the destruction of bacterial wall and can cause hormonal imbalance, inflammation and systemic toxicity. Carrots help optimize the intestinal flora, stimulate bowel movement and prevent re-absorption of estrogen from the intestines. Moreover, they help stabilize thyroid and assist liver in detoxification of endotoxins and excess estrogen.
Purple carrots combine the health benefits of orange and purple foods. They are rich in Vitamin A, B complex, C and E. They contain phytochemicals including carotenoids, polyacetylenes, isocoumarins, phenolics and sesquiterpenes. These phytochemicals have antioxidant, anti-bacterial, disease preventating and health enhancing properties.
All the other ingredients in this salad have health benefits that cannot be underestimated:
- Raisins are very rich in fiber that contributes to a healthy GI tract. It is an established fact that fiber in not only helps lower weight and cholesterol levels in the blood, but also decreases the incidence of colon and breast cancer. Raisins are also rich in B vitamins, potassium, and anthocynins. Researchers have found that anthocyanins have anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-cancer properties.
- Cilantro is very effective detoxifying herb. It helps remove heavy metals from the body and supports liver.
- Flax seed oil is rich in essential fatty acids that can help minimize the risk of breast cancer.
- Apple cider vinegar is miracle food on its own. It not only stimulates the digestion, but also helps with detoxification.
- Spices used in curry have anti-inflammatory and immune system modulating properties.
- Pink Himalaya salt is rich in minerals and helps promote healthy pH balance. Cancer cells thrive in acidic environment therefore it is important to establish the optimal 7.35 pH level.
~ Curried Purple Carrot Salad with Raisins and Cilantro ~
- 3 purple carrots, shredded
- 1/3 cup macerated raisins (re-hydrated in purified water)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp cold pressed flax seed oil
- 2 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp ground curry spice
- pinch pink Himalaya salt
Curried Purple Carrot Salad with Raisins and Cilantro
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Adjust the amount of spices to your personal liking. Enjoy in good company as often as you can!
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique
*Information is this article is for educational purposes only and is not meant to diagnose or cure a disease.
Also of interest: How to Prevent Breast Cancer by Dominique Allmon
Dominique Allmon ©2013