This is real comfort food! After days of rain and horrifying news of flooding in New Mexico and Colorado I feel like having something that would restore my spirit. And what could be better than chocolate?
I used very little honey to sweeten this smoothie and added salt instead to enhance the taste. If you prefer it a bit more sweeter than my version, add more honey or liquid stevia, but remember, the less sugar the better. You can indulge without guilt and profit from the goodness of nutrient dense ingredients.
- 1 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp raw flax seed oil
- 1 tsp mineral rich pink Himalaya salt
- 2-3 ice cubes (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour your smoothie into tall glasses and indulge in good company!
Tip: To make a chocolate mousse or pudding simply use less coconut water and whiz the ingredients in a food processor. Skip the ice cubes, but refrigerate before serving.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique