Spring is such a wonderful time of the year as it wakes up the nature from a long winter sleep. The beauty of flowering orchards is beyond any description and has to be experienced.
It occurred to me that a contemplation on the light greens and the light pinks that surround us in early spring may help us activate the heart chakra. The darker hues of lilac that are in bloom in May, on the other hand, can help us open the crown chakra. And the divine scent may take even the most reluctant soul for an unexpected ride!
To make my kitchen Buddha smile I created a delicious purple smoothie that is not only good for the body, but also wonderful for the soul. As always, this recipe is here to inspire your own creativity. You may want to use different ingredients or the same ingredient in different proportions. Experiment and have fun with it.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 scoop powdered supergreens
- 1 scoop açai powder
- 1 scoop raw protein (optional)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2-3 ice cubes if you are using fresh berries
- Place berries in blender. Add 1/2 cup of almond milk and process until berries are crushed.
- Add supergreens and açai. Blend again.
- Add protein powder and the remaining almond milk. Blend until smooth. Enjoy in good company.
P.S. You may want to add a sweetener of your choice. I decided not to use any. The natural sweetness of berries and the almond milk was sufficient for me.