The winter is almost over in most parts of the Northern hemisphere. As days get longer and the nature is beginning to wake up, so comes our need to recharge and re-energize our bodies. The simplest way to do it is to perform a juice detox.
Our bodies are equipped with detoxification organs and if you are healthy, detox happens naturally on a daily basis. But unless you are living in a pristine environment, your body probably needs some help.
There are many detox protocols, but one of the easiest way of detoxification is the juicing method where meals are replaced with freshly made juices.
You can combine any fruit and vegetable to create a wonderfully tasting juice, but some mixtures are more effective detoxifiers than others.
The all time favorite is probably the ginger beet juice. Both ingredients are well known and well researched for their incredible health benefits.
~ Ginger Beet Juice ~
- 2-3 large organic beets
- 3-4 inch-thick chunk of ginger
- Wash beets thoroughly and chop them into manageable chunks without removing the peel.
- Wash the ginger. You may leave the peel on if you wish.
- Place the ingredients in a juicer and process.
- Enjoy right away!
You can drink this juice every day, but your detox routine will be so more interesting if you decided to drink some other juice every second day.
~ Carrot Chili Juice ~
- 3-4 large organic carrots
- 1 medium large hot chili pepper
- 1 small garlic clove
- Wash the carrots. Leave the peel on.
- Wash the chili pepper. You may want to remove the seeds, but this is not necessary.
- Peel the garlic clove.
- Place all ingredients in the juicer and process.
- Enjoy in good company!
This is a good start as both juices will help you activate the liver function and improve digestion.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique