This fantastic recipe was published by Taste Australia. Beets are rich in dietary fiber and folate. They also contain manganese, vitamin C, potassium, beta carotene and the tumor fighting compound betacyanin. Indulge as often as you can!
- 2 large beets, trimmed
- 1 Tbs wholegrain mustard
- 1 Tbsp flax oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 Ttbs chopped fresh dill
- 1 shallot, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly grind pepper to taste
- Peel the beets. You may want to wear rubber gloves to avoid staining of your hands.
- Coarsely grate the beets into a large bowl.
- Combine the mustard, flax oil and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Stir the mustard mixture, dill and chopped shallot into the grated beets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Enjoy as condiment with burgers and sandwiches or as a deep with tortilla chips or raw vegetables.
In radiant health - passionately raw - Dominique